Omeg Family Orchards was established in 1908 when August “Gus” Omeg purchased the land in Wasco County, Oregon. 


Originally, the land was used to farm cattle and grow produce like apricots, cherries, peaches and watermelons. Later, the Omeg family transitioned the farm to large-scale cherry production. Mel Omeg, the founder’s grandson, owned the orchards until 2005, when his son, Mike Omeg, took over as owner and operator.

“Our family has always worked hard to be the best stewards of our land that we can.”
— Mike Omeg